Saturday, September 9, 2017

Stained Glass?


Stained Glass was the prompt that started this tile. When I saw the prompt I knew - COLOR!!! And I LOVE to play with my coloring tools. Not too much tangling but that is because I wanted the colors to shine. 


This picture shows the pen that I used to do the 'lead' lines on this tile. I actually drew the piece out lightly with pencil first and then did all the colors. This way, when I drew the thicker lead lines, I could cover up some areas I wasn't too happy with. The tangle line work was done with a Pigma Micron 01 pen


I used my Tombow markers and a watercolor technique to get the stained glass effect. I wet a small area first, then picked up color off the Styrofoam plate with a wet brush and touched the color to my tile. I love the unpredictability of the watercolor method. By the way, you may notice in the last tile that I intensified some small areas with more color. For that I used my Inktense pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.